RELIEF REGISTERED VETERINARY TECHNICIAN
Put your passion for animals to work at Berkeley Humane!
Founded in 1927, Berkeley Humane is one of the Bay Area's most enduring and respected animal welfare institutions. We provide veterinary care and adoption services for homeless animals in addition to offering low-income programs to our community members to provide basic veterinary care and low-cost spay/neuter clinics
Are you looking for an opportunity to do relief work on your days off or just want to help save more animals? If so, we are seeing RELIEF RVT's to cover staff sick and vacation time throughout the year. Shifts will consist of an eight hour work day, with one hour for lunch (9a-6p).
The RVT provides technical support and works closely with the veterinarian and hospital staff to ensure a high quality of care for the animals at Berkeley Humane veterinary hospital. You will be responsible for the health of all of the animals in the adoption center and in foster and for providing all necessary treatments directed by staff and veterinarians.
The ideal candidate will also have compassion for animals, concern for their welfare and an appreciation for animals and their unique environment and needs, knowledge of animal behavior and of preventive, diagnostic and therapeutic veterinary treatment of dogs and cats, and a willingness to educate fosters, adopters, and staff about preventive health care and animal behavior. You must also have the ability to lift 50 pounds.
EDUCATION & EXPERIENCE:
1. Current California Registered Veterinary Technician license.
2. Minimum of 3 years as a Registered Veterinary Technician or Assistant or two years of college coursework with an emphasis on animal-related science or completion of a veterinary technician training program. Qualifying work experience will be considered as an alternative.
3. Excellent customer service.
4. Computer literate and proficient in Microsoft applications.
5. Avimark experience preferred or the ability to become proficient using veterinary software as applicable to clinic operations.
Please submit your resume and cover letter to firstname.lastname@example.org. Please put the days of the week that you are available, including weekends. Your documents must be in Word or PDF format to be considered.