Our Foster Program
Foster Care Providers provide temporary home care for dogs, cats, puppies, and kittens while they await adoption. We provide the supplies, and you provide the love and care!
Berkeley Humane provides:
- Supplies (food, toys, bedding, litter, etc.)
- Medical care
- Support from the Foster Care Specialist
Qualifications to be a Foster Care Provider:
- Be 18 years or older.
- Show genuine concern for the welfare
of animals, consistent with the mission
of Berkeley Humane
- Be able to monitor medical conditions
as well as evaluate the behavior of
the foster animals.
- Provide care and socialization to your
- Provide regular transport to medical
appointments and adoption weekends
- Be willing to separate foster animals
from your own animals.
- Prior experience not required