Berkeley Humane volunteer Program Coordination Internships offer the opportunity to partner with the Volunteer Manager to manage the volunteer program. Interns will gain valuable experience in managing a program. All internships are unpaid, but course credit can be arranged. Upon successful completion of an internship, interns may also request a letter of recommendation from their supervisor.
- Work closely with staff to ensure volunteer satisfaction
- Lead volunteer trainings
- Enter information into volunteer database as needed
- Communicate with potential and current volunteers
- Partner with staff on volunteer recruitment strategies
- Comfortable learning new computer programs
- Comfortable working with a diverse population of animals and people
- Able to commit to 3+ months
- Able to commit to 10+ hours per week, including some weekends
- Able to bend, stoop, squat, reach, and push moderately heavy objects
- No allergic conditions which would be aggravated by animals in our care
To apply, please download and complete a Program Internship Application. Completed applications should be submitted with a cover letter and resume to firstname.lastname@example.org. Submission does not guarantee acceptance into the program.