Berkeley Humane’s Thrift Shop is a successful retail model that includes a curated selection of clothing, jewelry, framed art, and home décor.
Thrift Shop Internship will provide valuable experience in retail management, customer service, inventory control, and supporting a culture of volunteer staff. All internships are unpaid, but course credit can be arranged. Upon successful completion of an internship, interns may also request a letter of recommendation from their supervisor.
- Support daily operations of the Thrift Shop to meet the goals of Berkeley Humane.
- Provide excellent customer service and become familiar with Berkeley Humane’s mission to raise revenue for our Hope Medical Fund.
- Mentor our diverse community of volunteers on their assigned daily tasks.
- Process sales, handle cash and credit card transactions.
- Receive, sort, and organize donated items.
- Research and price donated items.
- Able to commit to 3+ months.
- Able to commit to 10+ hours per week, Wednesday through Sunday.
- Able to bend, stoop, move and lift moderately heavy objects.
- Detail-oriented and have an interest in non-profit work.
- Able to work independently and in a team setting.
If interested, please download and complete a Thrift Shop Internship Application. Please email us your completed application, your resume, and a cover letter describing your background, pertinent experiences, interests, accomplishments, and how this internship will benefit you.