Berkeley Humane Foster Program Internships offer the opportunity to partner with the Foster Program Coordinator to coordinate, innovate, and advance a robust Foster/Foster-to-Family program. Interns will gain valuable experience in managing all aspects of a home-based sheltering and adoption program.
All internships are unpaid, but course credit can be arranged. Upon successful completion of an internship, interns may also request a letter of recommendation from their supervisor.
- Work closely with Foster Program Coordinator to ensure foster-care providers’ success
- Coach foster-care providers and lead foster training sessions
- Communicate with potential and current foster-care providers
- Work closely with veterinary staff to ensure optimal foster-animal health
- Work closely with behavior staff to ensure optimal foster-animal enrichment and behavioral support
- Work closely with adoption center staff to ensure excellent adoption matches
- Comfortable learning new computer programs
- Comfortable working with a diverse population of animals and people
- Able to commit to 3+ months
- Able to commit to 10+ hours per week, including some weekends
- Able to bend, stoop, squat, reach, and push moderately heavy objects
- No allergic conditions which would be aggravated by animals in our care
To apply, please download and complete a Foster Program Internship Application. Completed applications should be submitted with a cover letter and resume to firstname.lastname@example.org. Submission does not guarantee acceptance into the program.