In this video Carly, Pet Program Manager at Berkeley Humane explains common litter box issues and the easiest ways to address them!
Cats choose to use litter boxes because it’s safe and secure. If your cat isn’t choosing to use litter boxes:
- Take your cat to the vet, especially if the behavior started suddenly.
- Medical issues and stress can change litter box habits, so look for any recent changes in your home.
- If your cat is happy and healthy, then take a look at how your litter boxes are set up, and the cleanliness.
- Make accident spots less appealing.
- Lastly, for truly challenged cats, you can retrain their litter box habits.
New more pet advice? We’re here to help. Contact an expert at Berkeley Humane’s Resource Center and learn more about our programs and services.